Acronis and RAID

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by izzy, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. izzy

izzy Registered Member

Hi,

I noticed several treads about the subject already and none helped me.

I want to replace old cpu box with a new one from Dell with RAID hard drives.

I though I could use Acronis 8.0 to backup the old one and restore it on the new one.

Acronis boot disk does not see RAID drives. Error ep000 something, "can't find hard drive..."

I went ahead and update Acronis with the set of drivers offered on the forum - did not help.

I wasn't able to update Acronis to the latest build since my code has been activated in the system already. I purchased the license from my university.

I tried copying (cloning )hard drive under Acronis. Apparently, RAID did not like it.

What else can I do/use?o_O

Thanks in advance!

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

What flavor of Raid does your machine have. Nvidia by chance??

3. izzy

izzy Registered Member

Peter2150,

It's Intel. What's your experience with Nvidia?

4. curlysir

curlysir Registered Member

I have a Nvidia system with Raid 1 and TI10 has no problem seeing the raid. I have backed up and restored from the raid without any problem.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

With my Nvidia systems I have to use a Windows based recovery system with the Nvidia drivers loaded.

Izzy that might be a route for you. Setup Bartpe and load your raid drivers into bart

6. izzy

izzy Registered Member

Ok, I've got TI10 trial and it does see my RAID drives. Now when I do backup, everything goes smoothly, and system shows Windows intro screen and then ... long-forgotten blue screen.

What is that? Image? Small drive -> big drive problem? TI?

Can I, please, have some feedback on how TI10 restores on RAID?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello izzy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I believe that the Windows blue screen appears when you try to boot the restored system. Also as I understood you are trying to transfer the system to the new hardware (quote from your first post: "I want to replace old cpu box with a new one from Dell with RAID hard drives."). Please note that most probably this is the reason for the Windows blue screen upon boot up. If you change, for example, a motherboard or use another processor version, the restored system could be unbootable. In this cases we may recommend that you use Acronis Universal Restore as a solution for hardware-independent system restoration. You can find more information on how to use Acronis Universal Restore in chapter 3.7 "Acronis Universal Restore" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide.

Also as you asked in this thread you have started, Acronis Universal Restore plug-in allows you to restore the system to a RAID array. You will be able to provide the appropriate drivers for the particular RAID controller you use during the restoration.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You can't expect software (OS, programs, etc.) set up to run on one set of hardware to just work on another. You need to change the drivers that deal with how the software works with the hardware.

sh

9. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Load the old pc image on the new pc and then using your Windows Cd, do a repair install you should be good to go. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.