Acronis 9 True Image Server lock-up issues with W2K3 SBS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wbierman, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbierman

wbierman Registered Member

Greetings.

I have installed Acronis True Image Server 9, and am having some issues. First let me say that my company has installed it on probably a dozen or so servers running SBS and this is our first potential problem.

The installation went a little weird. The computer became unresponsive shortly after I was given a dialog telling me that the driver being installed was not properly signed. After rebooting, the 'Found New Hardware' wizard appeared for the Acronis True Backup Image Browser or something similar. After a google search led me to this: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=91863

I went on another machine with Acronis installed, and copied over the necessary file. Note that I needed to copy timntr.sys (and rename it to timntr_2k.sys) as well as tifsfilt.sys. After this, Windows told me it required a reboot. I complied.

When the machine finally rebooted, I ran Acronis. It started up normally, though I noticed in the bottom left corner of the screen it said 'Analyzing partitions' and the progress bar was going nowhere. I clicked on the Create a Backup wizard, and when I got to the 'Select Backup Type' screen, a smaller pop-up window appeared saying 'Analyzing partition C:...', and the machine once again became unresponsive. After a few minutes of letting it sit, the progress bar went to about 20%.

It's been about ten minutes since that has happened. The clock face animation is still moving, at what appears to be a normal speed.

It should be noted that the C: drive is an 80Gb IDE RAID-1 array.

I would greatly appreciate some support on this matter. I would much prefer to fix this issue than to shop for another backup suite. I can provide whatever further information is necessary.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wbierman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (3920) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.