Acronis 9 True Image, How do I.........

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Negio, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Negio

Negio Registered Member

I have an IDE drive with a primary partition C: with XP installed and logical partitions D: and E: with Acronis installed on D: I have a SATA drive with the same capacity for backup. What steps do I take to backup my IDE drive with the idea of restoring my system and data to a new IDE unformatted drive.in the event of a failure of my original IDE disk drive.
    It's not clear to me from the help files as to what the procedure is.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Make the Bootable TI Rescue CD, boot with it, then create an Image Backup of your ENTIRE C drive (not just the C partition) and choose the SATA as the destination for the backup image.

You could also do the same procedure by launching TI from within Windows, but it is better to be sure now that the Rescue CD will work.

Once the image is on the SATA drive, you should really test the Restore feature by getting another IDE drive. Do NOT wipe your original drive.

3. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

Hello Hegio,

As for me, I found the instructions of backup creation and restore in Users Guide from Acronis web site here.
    Also it is better to use bootable CD of True Image to create backups since it is not boot Windows and you can be sure that your hard drive not block with any programs and backup will be good.

Kento

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.