Acronis 9.1 Server and NOD32 Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by marinocsupport, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marinocsupport

marinocsupport Registered Member

Hi Guys,

We are experiencing a problem with NOD32 running when we are trying to perform daily backups. We get an error of 'Read Error'.

We contacted NOD32 and they have stated that its an Acronis Issue.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks
    Marinoc Support

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Fwiw, we have Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1.3854 and NOD32 2.70.23 running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise and we have not experienced that problem. Are you using the latest build of ATI-ES?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  3. marinocsupport

Thanks for that pvsurfer, I will check that and let you know

4. pvsurfer

YW... Btw, does the 'read error' occur during backup or verification? What is your source drive and what media do you backup to?

5. marinocsupport

Hi PvSurfer,

The 'read error' occurs when locking the partitions prior to creating the image.
    We are backing up to an Addonic's External Drive as this one:

http://www.addonics.com/products/raid_system/ae4rcs35nsa.asp

Backing up to a 400Gb SATAii Drive. (Seagate that is)

Source Drive is a Seagate 500Gb SATAii Drive. In RAID 1.

Thanks

6. pvsurfer

Hi again,

You didn't say if you are using the latest build (3854). Since your read error is obviously with the source drive(s), my guess is that TI is not interfacing properly with your SATA II array.

If you guys are not running ATI-ES 9.1.3854, d/l and try it for sure. If the error occurs with build 3854, your best bet is to make a BartPE disk with your RAID drivers and the ATI-ES 9.1 plugin (hopefully there is one). I have not had to do this so I've reached the end of my ability to help, but the local expert is someone with the handle 'mustang'. If he doesn't respond to this thread, try pm'ing him for assistance in this regard. You should also read mustang's latest thread on the subject... https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=162424

Good luck! ~pv

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello marinocsupport,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;
    - Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. marinocsupport

Hi Acronis Support,

Thanks for that. I will ensure that the Latest Version is installed/updated.
    I will also ensure that the SNAPI drivers are the latest.

I will let you know how we go.

Thanks
    Marinoc Support
    http://www.marinoc.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.