Acronis 9.1 error during full image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by olivier_1968, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olivier_1968

olivier_1968 Registered Member

Hello all,

Im' testing Acronis Trueimage Server and i had an issue duriong a full image backup.
    To evaluate time range to do full backup i ran a full image backup of a production server (sharepoint Db server) and i had an error message :

Unable to create volume snapshot (0x70021)
    Tag = 0x0
    Cannot access drive.
    Cannot create the image of the logical drive C: because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors.: None

I checked my server and the hard disk are correct with no erro.

An idea ?

Thanks in advance

Olivier

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

A thought that springs to mind is if you have something like SQL server installed, then the service has to be stopped, whilst TI makes the snapshot, there may be others perhaps disk monitoring etc.

I'd suggest downloading the trial version of Echo Enterprise - this automatically suspends DB transactions.

The other option would be putting in a pre-image task in the overall properties option - suspending or stopping the DB and then restarting it after the image has been taken.

Or - make a batch file - that calls suspends the DB - calls TI - restarts the DB. This would only really be useful if you intend to start your imaging manually.

Colin

3. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

olivier_1968,

Sounds like you have a database running.

Try using the before/after data capture commands and run a net pause net resume to quiesce the database before the image is taken.

-Thamuz

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello olivier_1968,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows supports backing up databases as well. Please see chapter 5.3.4 "Database support" of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows User's Guide for detailed instructions.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.