Acronis 9.0 (Build 2320) cannot see SATA drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Illegal_Operation, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illegal_Operation

Illegal_Operation Registered Member

Hi,

I am using Acronis 9.0 (Build 2320). Recently i having problems logging in to my PC as the registry was changed. As i did not create bootable CD from acronis previously. I use Acronis Version 10 (Build 4842) to create a bootable CD but it is able to detect my SATA hard disk, but when i try to restore my C: partition which the backup is residing on my E:\ drive, it just reboot when i click on Finish.

However i manage to restore back my registry to its original state and manage to log in to windows.

I try to create a secure zone using Acronis 9.0 and do a partition backup (C:\) to the secure zone. Then i did a simulation to restore from the secure zone, but in the secure zone, it say that no hard disk is found. May i know what happens? and how do i resolve this?

It seems like Acronis does not works for me.....

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

The early builds of TI 9 were rather buggy.
    Go to the TI site and down the latest build 3854, supposedly the last TI 9 build.

3. Illegal_Operation

thks... mine is workstation... so i dwnload e latest build which is 3887.... hope it helps... thanks.

4. Illegal_Operation

Hi, i try last nite using the latest build for Acronis 9.0 (Build 3887), and tried a Acronis secure zone.. but however i encountered error after it loads, it shows a string of msg somethings like usb****, then i cannot use my usb mouse and keyboard.

After which i create a Acronis Bootable CD and tried to bootup using the CD with full version, same error msg prompt and i can't use my mouse and keyboard. I have to restart my PC manually.

I tried again the second time and it was able to read my usb mouse and keyboard, i did a restore for my C: partition from the Acronis Secure zone and everything was successful.

Hope everything goes well but not sure how come the error msg of the USB comes about...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Illegal_Operation,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "usbmouse=off" or "nousb2" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Namely, modify "Linux kernel command line" prompt the following way: "quiet usbmouse=off" and if not successful "quiet nousb2"

If the issue persists, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Also provide the exact model and vendor of the mouse and keyboard you use. And could you please create a screenshot of error message or use a digital camera to make shots of the message?

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture in JPEG format being preferable.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Fedyulin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.