Acronis 9.0.3677 does not create tib file?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by newdata, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newdata

newdata Registered Member

I have previously used an TI 9.0 to create image tib files on my system, but not today.
    I went to create a new full archive image file and it gets as far as starting to process, It says "locking partition C" and the progress window comes up.
    But i get 0% progress.
    The active task sections shows "current backup operation". It also shows a Schedule? of 12:00:00 AM and a Status of 12:00:00 AM, but I did not set a schedule I just intended to start backup immediately. It shows a "Last run time" of the current operation.
    I have used previous versions of TI before, starting with 7.0 and never had problems.
    I have XP with latest updates. I do use Norton Security, antivirus, etc.
    any suggestions?
    thank you

2. newdata

I might add, before downloading and installing 9.0.3677 i had tried an archive with the version I had used before. 9.0.3633 and it did not work. I got the same results as the latest version.
    I did an uninstall of the older version first
    thanks

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

If you have not done so, I would create a v3677 user created boot disk. Then boot from the cd and try a backup from within the CD. If this also fails, then you might want to run your chkdsk.exe error checking on your hard drive.

4. newdata

Well, don't ask me why, but after a few reboots and tries it worked fine and created the images desired.o_O now i see someone else has posted with the same symtoms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.