Acronis 8 Won't Backup My System

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bagoas69, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bagoas69

bagoas69 Registered Member

Recently Acronis 8.0 will not backup my system. Each time I attempt a backup, I get this message: E00070004: Failed to write data to the image archive. A possible reason might be poor media quality. I'm still using the same Verbatim DVD-RW discs that I've always used. However, I've tried media from several other manufacturers and the results are the same. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Have you checked the drive itself? Can you write other stuff to DVD?

3. bagoas69

bagoas69 Registered Member

Yes, the drive works fine for everything else. I'm constantly burning DVDs with the drive with excellent results. I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows XP Home. The drive is the BenQ DW1655.

4. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

Hello bagoas69,

Since you are using version 8.0, which does not have direct DVD writing capacity (third party UDF packet DVD writing software needed, like NeroInCD or Roxio Drag-to-Disk) I would recommend that you have a look at this thread.

I personally use two-step method (similar to this one): create image on HDD then burn with Nero to DVD.

_Kento_

5. dkezoe

dkezoe Registered Member

Version 10.0 does have direct DVD writing though, correct?
    I had no problem doing a full backup to my external drive. But I've been getting the same ERROR message when trying to make a backup to CD-R and DVD+R with my internal drive. I too have used Verbatim, and then tried Maxell with the same results. I have no problems writing to the media or from the drive in other instances. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am using the trial version. Does this make a difference?

6. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

Hello dkezoe,

Yes, ATI10.0 Home has the direct DVD writing capacity (both in Windows and in rescue mode).

Since you have the same error when backing up to both CD and DVD in Windows it could be possible that some CD/DVD writing software cases ATI to fail. I would try to back up to CD and DVD disc when booted from bootable CD. BUT you are using the trial version of ATI and it can only restore from bootable CD. Therefore, try to disable/uninstall CD/DVD writing software temporary, if any, and see if it helps.

If not then I would make a support call with this log file.

_Kento_

7. dkezoe

dkezoe Registered Member

Thanks, Kento. I'll give it a go.

Been away for a few days. Sorry I haven't acknowledged your reply before now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.