Acronis 8.0 - Won't Recognize DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Papa, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papa

Papa Registered Member

I have a registered copy of Acronis 8.0. It will not let me use DVD's. Period.
    I would like to perform an image backup of my HD to DVD. I have a Lite-On DVD RW SOHW.

Any solutions to this problem?

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Papa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please note that the current version of Acronis True Image doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. Please read the following FAQ article describing how to burn your images to DVD.

If the problem still persists then please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Tell me if you have received any error messages. What exact error messages?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Registered Member

I've tried all of your suggestions, I'm using Acronis True Image 8.0.937
    on an HP Pentium 4 with Windows XP home SP2 with an HP 640b Lightscribe
    CD/DVD DL RW drive..

TrueImage will make a Image Backup on 17 CD-R Verbatium Disk, but will not burn a DVD disk, even with NERO 6.6 or Pinicle, it fails with the following Error:
    "E00070004: Failed to write data to Image Archive file, a possible reason might be poor media Quality.

I've tried Verbatim DVD+ 8x, Maxell DVD+R 8x, Maxell DVD+RW, Memorrex+RW DL, all with the same Results..

I would prefer to Backup my HD to 3 or 4 DVD's rather that 17 to 18 CD's

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello GeorgeV,

What packet writing software do you use to preformat the DVDs and is it running in the background when you try to create the image?

Regards

5. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Registered Member

Thanks for your reply;

I've tried Running Nero v6.6.12 UDF Packet writer in the Background, while trying to do an Image Backup of my Hard drive to DVD's with True Image 8.0.937, and also tried with Pinicle Instant Copy, running in the Backgrown, but True Image gets as far as requesting a Blank DVD to write on, then
    chokes and displays an Error message, with four or five different bands of DVD Media..

"Error: E00070004: Failed to write data to Image Archive file, a possible reason might be poor media quality."

True Image 8 does OK writing to CD-R disk, but it takes 17-18 disk ans several hours to Verify the image using CD's..

6. amalcom

amalcom Registered Member

Nero won't packet write DVD+Rs

I have the same problem with my new external LG. However, according to the FAQs on Acronis, neither TI nor Nero support packet writing on DVD+R or DVD-R.

It may work with DVD-RW for the packet writing via Nero first, but apparently the only software that can packet write format DVD+-R is Roxio at this time.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Nero won't packet write DVD+Rs

Hello GeorgeV and amalcom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please check each partition of your hard drive(s) by Windows utility and see if the problem still persists.

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives.

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive(s).

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If the problem still persists after checking the hard drive(s) then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 8.0 log, which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

Send all the collected files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.