acronis 8.0 dont start corectly with CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ramajoke, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramajoke

ramajoke Registered Member

hello,

if I want to start my computer with the
    acronis CD (8.0 (build 937), a blue site with the acronis logo is opening and then a black site with a little acronis logo is following. I can read there: Loading, please wait... but nothing happens - I wait for 15 minutes and more :( My Image is on a USB2 HD, so I try following possibillities, after I press the F11 button:

acpi=off noapic noapm nofw quiet
    acpi=off noapic noapm nofw nousb2 quiet

always it says: " Loading, please wait " but nothing ever happens :(
    I produce the CD in Acronis (XP) and in the saved Mode - no difference, always the same result. My acronis worked out well all the time, so I have no idea what is going wrong here ? Is it possible that new updates from windows are the problem/cause ? I have a Pentium 4, 3,60 GHz, 1 GB RAM with the Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
    I sent the german acronis support an error-report from my acronis, but they say nothing about it, so I think all is correct ?! If you want to have the report too, so please tell me, no problem. Thank you very much for the answer !

Greetings

Michael ...

2. ramajoke

sorry, no help for me ?

Greetings

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Michael,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. ramajoke

Hi Ilaya,

thank you very much for your answer !
    I boot my computer with the full version fo True Image rescue disc, and press F11 if the message is coming: Starting Acronis Loader...".
    Then a blue Site is coming with the big Acronis Logo ... after 3 seconds the monitor gets black and nothing more will happen :(
    Something else: If I come to the Kernel Settings console it is almost impossible to see/read it. Even if I put the brightness to the maximum (100%), it looks like 30 % brightness - this was not so before o_O

Greetings Michael

5. ramajoke

sorry I forgot to say, that I remove the word quiet - after this the blue site is coming and then the monitor gets black

michael

6. ramajoke

Hi Ilya,

for better understanding ...

http://www.webbug.de/kernel_1.JPG
    http://www.webbug.de/kernel_2.JPG

Greetings Michael ...

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Have you been successful loading True Image 8 from the recovery CD with earlier builds. For example, Build 826 or 800? If so, it looks like the current build has bad drivers for your system.

If no build of TrueImage has worked, have you tried the plug-in for Bart's PE Builder. That provides a Windows rather than a Linux operating system and may be the best solution for your problem.

8. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

It appears that this problem requires a deeper investigation.

Please send a letter with a brief description of the problem to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. ramajoke

Hello Alexey,

thank you very much for your answer !
    At the moment I have contact with the german support and they told me to send the sysinfo.txt but, I have no a:\ only CD and USB (Memorystick), so what can I do now ?

Greetings

Michael ...

10. ramajoke

Hi John,

no, earlier builds didn't work too :oops:

where can I find this program ? thanks

Greetings

Michael ...

11. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Please do the following in order to save Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) to the USB flash drive:

- Format Flash drive to ext2, ext3 or FAT32 file system;

- Boot from Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a Flash disk to a USB port and issue the following commands:

# cat /proc/partitions

This will give you the list of partitions/drives available in your system.

For example:

8 0 127744 scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc

3 0 80417183 ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc

3 1 10241406 ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1

3 2 20482875 ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2

3 3 1020127 ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part3

Flash drive is visible as 'scsi'. If there are some scsi devices in your system you may find your flash by partition/drive size. If the flash is partitioned it`ll bring the list of partitions as well.

Then you need to create a mount point for your flash and mount it.

# mkdir /mnt/tmp

# mount -t auto /devfs/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc /mnt/tmp

There could be some warnings but its safe to ignore them. If mount fails you may try to use 'vfat'(if the flash is formatted to FAT file system) or 'ext3fs' or 'ext2fs' (if its formatted to ext3 or ext2) parameter instead of 'auto' .

Make a directory on your flash drive to save files there:

# mkdir /mnt/tmp/sysinfo

Check whether the drive is mounted correctly for write access:

#ls /mnt/tmp

This will give a list of files/folders located on the drive.

Save 'sysinfo' and unmount the flash drive:

# sysinfo > /mnt/tmp/sysinfo/sysinfo.txt

# umount /mnt/tmp

Collect the created sysinfo.txt file from the flash drive.

Please also note that you can read more about Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE here.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  12. ramajoke

Hello Alexey,

Problems, problems, prolmems .... :(
    When I remove the word quiet and click ok, the blue screen from
    acronis is coming:

http://www.webbug.de/blue.JPG

and 2 -3 seconds after a black screen and from now on nothing more happens :( The german Acronis Support told me to remove the word quiet
    an wrote this:

acpi=off noapic

after 2 - 3 seconds I can see this on my screen. On the picture
    you can only see the end of a lot of datas.
    How can I get this datas on a USB flash drive :rolleyes: o_O
    The german support told me, that they need this datas (sysinfo.txt)

http://www.webbug.de/acpi.JPG

Thanks a lot

Greetings

Michael ...

13. ramajoke

Dear Support Team,

I found the error now, and, sorry, it was my mistake :(
    The german support asked me, if I changed something with my hardware,
    and I said NO, but that was wrong - sorry, because I forgot to say, that about 4 weeks ago I bought a new 4x USB2 HUB. The problem is, that I have a 4x USB 1.1 HUB and mixed them with the USB 2 HUB (put USB 2 HUB into the USB 1 HUB o_O ) - please don't ask me how, because in Windows I get NO Errormessages - all is running perfect !
    Ok, I take the old 1.1 USB HUB out of the PC and use ONLY the USB 2 HUB now, and I've got no more problems to start my secure zone now :D :D :D
    Thank you so much for your friendly and fast support.

Greetings

Michael ...

14. ramajoke

news about usb2 4x port

Hello,

if I use absolutely NO USB 2 Port like this one,

http://www.webbug.de/usb.jpg

I can start with no problems my acronis with the boot CD.
    Something must go wrong here specially with this externel USB 2 Port o_O
    Now I change settings on this port (Printer right, DVD across, Mouse left, Keyboard across etc.) and Acronis starts again - with this Port - why now o_O
    Again, if I don't use the Port on the picture, I have no problems but
    I need the extra USB sockets, so what can I do now ? Thanks.

Greetings

Michael ...

15. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Hi Michael,

Thanks for letting us all know what the problem was. This information may help someone else with a boot problem.

External devices seem to cause more problems for the Linux environment of the TI recovery CD than they do for Windows.

16. ramajoke

Hi John,

if I use my other devices into the internal (USB 2.0 on Board - Asus P5GD1-FM) USB sockets from my pc I have no problems too. Only if I put the 4 port USB 2 HUB into the internal USB sockets, and use then the USB 2 4 port sockets, I've got the problems I wrote.

Greetings

Michael ..

17. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Since you need only one USB device to restore an image when booted from Bootable Rescue CD, I recommend you not to use that USB hub and connect your external hard drive directly to the PC in such cases.

Moreover, we generally do not recommend to use any USB hubs when booting from Bootable Rescue CD, since these devices are usually cause such problems.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.