Acronis 2012 Home Released...

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by napoleon1815, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

2. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

The Acronis 2011 was offered on Bitsdijour.com with a 30 days free upgrade period to the 2012 version. The version 2012 is released 30 days and few hours, therefore like myself who bought this on Bitsdijour.com are not eligible to the free upgrade.

Due to few hours, we have to pay the upgrade price.

Sucks!

Best regards,

KOR!

3. claykin

claykin Registered Member

And you find this type of marketing surprising? While I'm not a fan of it myself, its the reality of the way many companies blow out their products. Now Acronis has a larger installed base of 2011 users they can market an upgrade to. Brilliant.

I sometimes find bitsdujour is a great way to tell when a new version of a product is pending release.

Anyway, like most Acronis Home new versions I'll guess that 2012 will have its fair share of horrid bugs for the first 3-4 months.

4. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Don't be so cynical!

5. napoleon1815

HAHA. Based on my past experience (which is why I personally don't use it), the user community is the beta environment. :)

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

People have to call it like they see it. Acronis hasn't made a good product since the days of True Image Echo and they discontinued that. :(

I won't even use their products anymore.

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I use Acronis True Image but it is a end version that has been mostly debugged.

Very true, I always hated that about Acronis True Image and when the Acronis Support forum was here at Wilders it took forever to get a answer from Acronis Support on their Official forum.

8. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

--- Had that experience there....support is so..so.

9. napoleon1815

I think it's improved from waaaaaay back when, but it could still use some work.

10. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

True Image is not a very good product in my eyes. Too many bugs and I've had issues with restore images when I was using it. I'll pass.

11. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

good for you;)

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Acronis True Image from my previous months experience has been very good IMO, no bug that i ever noticed and it worked flawlessly and fast for my taste :D :thumb:
    Top Notch product IMO :argh:

13. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Thanks I might upgrade in few months. I have a 2010 version on my Win7 64bit and I have been using it extensively. No issues at all, as long as I validate the backup after creation...it's a simple step just check the check mark to validate the backup and it does. Then you don't have to guess if the backup is good or not. Also you can perform validate before you re-image that way you are not caught by surprise if it the re-image were to fail.

Finally, I love the ability to mount the images as drives and perform a malware scan on those "drives" before I re-image the system. Since the backups are few weeks old then the prob of detecting an unknown malware that might be hidden on those images is greatly increased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.