Acronis 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Maxwell 1, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwell 1

Maxwell 1 Registered Member

After using Acronis 6 and 7 for a number of years which has done the job for me, I decided to purchase ATI 2009 several weeks ago. Plan to purchase Windows 7 when it hits the market. Presently running XP Home SP3. Installed 2009 and then updated to latest . this thing has corrupted Xp to the point of wiping drive and reinstalling XP. I cannot believe Acronis would put out a piece of software as quirky as 2009. Backup software is one of the most important programs a person can have on their PC. Maybe---just maybe Acronis will build a new version and send to all who have purchased it. If not Acronis may not be around much longer.

2. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

I wonder if the final version of Windows 7 will have a proper backup application.

If it does then we might not need Acronis. Meantime I recommend running ATI 2009 only from a boot disk.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Acronis hasn't done that with prior buggy releases. However, prior to the dreaded ATI11, it released several interim builds as it fixed known bugs. Wtih ATI 11 that practice seemed to stop -- only one interim build with minor repairs.

Unfortunately, in the market race against other imaging softweare vendors, Acronis releases versions more often than if can fully debug them. This might or might not hurt Acronis since the other vendors tend be about as bad at debugging.

4. Maxwell 1

shieber, you are correct in stating that Acronis releases more versions than it can test. So they leave the Beta testing to us, the purchaser. I read an article after Windows 7 Beta came out stating that the final version of Windows & will come with an Imaging Program, wish I has saved it. If this is correct that will get Acronis's attention Big Time.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Like other programs inlcuded with Windows, whatever new backup program they include will undoubtedly be simple, feature and option poor and of limited utility. There's a system backup pogram inlcuded with some versions of Vista.

6. Maxwell 1

I have tried over and over to make backups to DVD's no luck. You would think it to be very simple to Image the hard drive to DVD's in XP Home with only 8 gig's of information. Made the boot disk then go to My Computer, go thru all procedures , start first disk, after 15 to 20 minutes says to insert next media---but DVD burner is still going finally hit cont-alt-del to stop burner, then put next disc in ,starts up then says backup failed. So I have wasted enough time with this piece of crap. So Acronis you have made your last buck off of me.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Maxwell 1,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Can you please download the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (9709) from your account (My Account -> Registered Products) and test it first.

The reason for the issue can be some third-party burning software (e.g. Nero), try to disable it and see if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat describe the issue in details.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.