Acronis 2009 not accepting license key

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brijniersce, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brijniersce

brijniersce Registered Member

Hello,

I bought an upgrade to Acronis Home 2009. I enter the key, it asks for the old key. I enter that as well. It accepts it (says, thank you for activation etc). But when I try to run a backup it says it's not registered. After restarting the app it's asking for activation again?

I re-installed already, I'm sure it will be fine if I re-install XP, but I really don't want to do that.

Any suggestions??

Acronis support is a bit of a joke is it? I've sent them an email on this, never got a reply. Been waiting on the online chat for a very long time now. Apparently they rely on volunteers in this forum? That is pretty poor :( Will never get one of their larger enterprise products

2. como

como Registered Member

Search for serial problems and you should find a link to a page where you enter your serial and get a new one that works

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello brijniersce and como,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

brijniersce, if the new license doesn't help, please do the following:

1. Completely uninstall the program (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs. Select Acronis True Image and hit "Remove").

2. Reboot the computer.

3. Please make sure that there is no another Acronis software at your system. If there is any, please temporally uninstall it.

4. - Open Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit).

- Find the following branch:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis

Make right-click on it and select Delete.

5. Reboot the computer.

6. Install the program from the scratch

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.