acronis 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Razzputin, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razzputin

Razzputin Registered Member

I use acronis 11 on my Vista laptop and tried a demo of 12 on my XP desktop,then i went back and tried 11 on the XP desktop. My problem is can't access my network after installing either version on my desktop?
    My network consists of a shared printer, the desktop and an external WD harddrive which I wanted to use for weekly backups of both computers. Am I missing soomething here?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Razzputin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

The issue is that Microsoft Lanman Server has a fixed limit on the quantity of filters it supports. Since Acronis True Image installs some filters to support backups, the total number of filters can exceed the server's limit. The same problem may occur after installation of an antivirus product and it described in details in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article:

To resolve this behavior, increase the IRPStackSize value in the registry:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. Type regedit, and then click OK.
    3. Navigate to the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
    4. In the right pane, double-click the IRPStackSize value.

NOTE: If the IRPStackSize value does not already exist, use the following procedure to create it:
    1. In the Parameters folder of the registry, right-click the right pane.
    2. Point to New, and then click DWord Value.
    3. Type IRPStackSize.

IMPORTANT: Type "IRPStackSize" exactly as it is displayed because the value name is case-sensitive.
    5. Change the Base to decimal.
    6. In the Value Data box, type a value that is larger than the value that is listed.

If you created the IRPStackSize value using the procedure described in step 4, the default value is 15. It is recommended that you increase the value by 3. Therefore, if the previous value was 11, type 14, and then click OK.
    7. Close the Registry Editor.
    8. Restart the computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

3. dataconnectivity

dataconnectivity Registered Member

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dataconnectivity,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please increase the IRPStackSize value until the network is accessible. Please see this article for more information.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.