acronis 11 update

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tronic592001, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

just perchest acronis 11 from amazon and regestered it, there was a 137meg update for version 11 do i uninstall my installed version first or do i install over it thanking you....

:rolleyes:

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Are you sure your purchased version isn't build 8053? This was the first public release for the English language version, there has been no public update released as yet.

It is confusing that the word 'update' appears on the update page, but this should be the version you already have.

I believe the German version has has an update.

In answer to your specific question, when an update is released; my view is if you've been having problems with the software misbehaving, then uninstall and install the newer version. If your system has been behaving, then installing over the top will be OK. If things then fall apart, then uninstall, clean registry, re-install.

Colin

3. como

como Registered Member

Colin

The first English language release of TI 11 was build 8023, I still have a rescue disk with it on, seems a long time ago though

4. tronic592001

just checked my version and its acronis 11 8022 so there is a new version,and thanks to you all telling me about uninstalling,as i think this is the best way to update my self,but why so big. never mined ile uninstall and install newer version thanks again.....

:thumb:
    bodgy hi
    yeap i purchased version 8022 from amason uk just checked my version (hard copy)

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Ah OK, wonder why it only shows 8053 in my registered products list.

Just out of interest, when did the update happen?

Colin

6. tronic592001

bogdy hi

Acronis® True Image Home® version 11.0 (build 8,022) thats my version.

i regestered today and had that update in my products update menu.

so dont no how long its been there...

:ninja:

7. como

como Registered Member

It appears that TI 11 was released in mid September 2007, my registered products also only shows 8053 which is dated 07 November 2007.
    As you know if you click "Full History of Changes" you are able to download previous builds back to the one you first bought, but not with TI 11, I've just checked and they are still there for the previous versions.
    Perhaps they are so ashamed of the first build they have binned it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.