Acronis 11 Crashes When Doing Data Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jwswitzer, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwswitzer

jwswitzer Registered Member

I am receiving the following when I attempt to do a backup of my data files using TrueImageHome 11, build 8053.

Error reading the file (0x40001)
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A30
    Snapshot read failed (0x10C45A)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AD23
    The parameter is incorrect (0xFFF0)
    Code = 80070057
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF

The file in question is a .mp3 file that works fine with Windows Media Player which would indicate to me that there is nothing wrong with the data file itself.

An Image Backup works fine, but I need to come up with a "smaller" backup option.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John Switzer
    Centerpoint, IN

2. jwswitzer

Interesting TidBit about the original post. If you copy the file that will not backup, delete the original file, and rename the copied file to the original name, the backup will then work. Obviously TrueImageHome checks some bit (of information?) that it does not like in the origianal file that is changed/corrected when it is copied.

John Switzer
    Centerpoint, IN

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

If you have the time, would you do one other check.
    Open your original MP3 file into any mp3 audio editor. One free editor is AudaCity plus others included in some Roxio programs.

Resave the file with the same or different name and see it ATI has a problem with that file. You might also want to consider checking your disk for errors.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I have a similar problem running data backups with ATI 11. Haven't been able to track it down to a particular file. It hangs somewhere in one of the directories; if I exclude that directory and the one before it, then it hangs a bit farther down the line. Full image backups work fine and ATI 10 has no problem doing the data backup of the very same files.

5. jwswitzer

GroverH,

I read and saved the file. TrueImageHome works fine with the saved file. I have run chkdsk /f and it does not solve the problem. I will run with the /r parameter and see if that makes a difference.

Stay tuned for the latest......

John

6. shieber

MIght help, but didn't do a thing for me. Chkdsk couldn't find any errors under a full scan.

7. jwswitzer

One more addition. I ran a full chkdsk with the /r paramater and still have the same results.

John Switzer

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

shieber, jwswitzer, in case chkdsk -f doesn't reveal any errors on your drives we would rather recommend you to download and install the latest version of Acronis drivers with disabled logging. This might help you to overcome the issue.

If the issue still persists, please provide us with SnapAPI log file by doing the following:

1.Extract SnapAPI.dll from the downloaded zip file.

2.Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\SnapAPI.dll with the extracted one

3.Reproduce the problem

4.The log file will be created on the C:\ partition. The name of this file will be snapapi[date-time].log

After that please submit a request for technical support with the attached log and the link to this thread. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

9. jwswitzer

I have a working support request active. I will post the results once things have been resolved.

John Switzer

10. jwswitzer

OK, Here's the latest. It appears (at least in my case) the issue revolves around the compression bit being set on. If I go to the properties screen for the file(s) in question, select the advanced tab, and unselect the "compress contents to fille to save disk space" option and apply th new option - the file will now back up properly. The issue has been turned over to the Acronis Development Team.

11. shieber

I used diff sets of drivers and for me it's not a particular file.

Suppose there are dirs A thorugh Z. If you try to backu up A-Z, ATI hangs.

If you try to backup a-c; no probl; d-e; no prob . . .all the way through z -- every single directory and file canbe backed up if done in small sets. But pick any large combo of files and dirs and ATI hangs.

12. janh

janh Registered Member

I confirm the problem with files having their compression bit on. It can be narrowed down a little, the problem occurs only with compressed files in a non-compressed folder. A folder with compression bit on containing compressed files will work ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.