Acronis 11 Back Up Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mamazaac, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamazaac

mamazaac Registered Member

I have downloaded Acronis 11 in order to back up my system to dvd. Firstly I couldn't get it to work as the dvd drive just kept opening and spitting out my dvd-r, but then I was told on another thread I posted that windows does not support dvd burning on its own so I might need to download a support pack from microsoft containing dvdburn.exe. I did this and initially it seemed to be working.

However, after nearly 15 minutes the following errors came up:-

Error code 4 (0x70004)
    Failed to write data to the archive file.
    A possible reason might be poor media quality.:None

Error code 502 (0x101F6)
    Operation with partition “C.” was terminated.
    Details:
    Write error (0x70004)
    Tag = 0x9D2DE1F088CBC4D4
    Error writing the file. (0x40003)
    Tag = 0x15602567D340AB0E

I don't think the media quality would be classed as particularly poor as it is a brand new verbatim dvd-r.

I would therefore be very grateful if anyone understands these error codes and can explain to me where I am going wrong.

Many thanks

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Not sure the response to your problem but an alternative would be to save the file to another hard drive--or even save it to your Drive C. After the creation of the backup, you could then copy the resulting *.tib files to your DVD as a simple data DVD.

This procedure would require that you choose the backup option "archive splitting" and split the file into 1492MB each. You have to type the size of 1492MB which asked for the size.

3. mamazaac

mamazaac Registered Member

Thank you for replying. I have in fact already saved it to my d:\ drive in the hope of making a dvd that way, but my dvd burner wouldn't accept it. However, I had not used the archive splitting, just saved it straight there, so will try by archive splitting. Thank you again.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mamazaac,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

To obtain CD Recorder log, please proceed as follows:
    - Run regedit from Start -> Run;
    - Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key;
    - Please create the folder DebugLogs if it does not exist yet;
    - Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1);
    - Please reproduce the problem;
    The cdrecord.log will be created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.