Acronis 10 Trial

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wb2002, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wb2002

wb2002 Registered Member

I've purchased and upgraded all versions of Acronis and have never been able to successfully use any. I allways hoped that the latest version would allow me to backup without giving me the 2-3 days backup time message. I recently downloaded and install the latest version (Trial) and when the program got to the point I always dreaded (actual backup & indicated required time) the program informed me that the trial version does not allow this operation and purchase would be required to complete the process. This is the point which is most important to me because this is where the program has always been unsuccessful to complete. Is there a way I can confirm whether this version works for me without having to purchase and possibly be disappointed again as with all past versions? And Oh yes, I have already gone through tech suppost and provided requested info with all previous versions and issue was never resolved and I have not once been able to use the program.

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Unless you are backing up the entire contents of your local library a backup should never take 3 days o_O

I realise that you have already gone through this before and have not resolved the issue, but if you would like to try one more time then provide answers to the questions below:

OS (e.g. Windows 2000 Pro SP4) :
    Processor make & model :
    RAM in MBytes :
    Hard Disks (how many, size, type etc...) :
    Partitions (size, type) :
    File system (NTFS, FAT, FAT32) :
    Firewall :
    AntiVirus :
    Size(s) of the disk(s)/partition(s) that you are trying to backup in GBytes :

A brief step-by-step of what you are doing would be helpful.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Hello wb2002

The trial version allows backup images to be made when booted in the Windows environment. This service is available for the trial period.

The trial version of the rescue CD can be used to make restores only. It can be used to make restores after the trial has expired.

Xpilot

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Is your backup drive USB and if so v1.0, 1.1 or 2.0 - I'd expect v1/1.1 to take ages.

Is it Firewire - not many people here seem to have one of those.

Is it eSata.

With USB and Firewire there might be a driver problem.

Colin

5. stevech

stevech Registered Member

I do a full disk image 6GB once a week and a daily incremental of 25MB - from a wireless LAN PC to a server PC on the LAN. Runs automatically each day at 1AM. Reliable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.