Acronis 10 task not completing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tobyd02, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobyd02

tobyd02 Registered Member

Hello,

I'm really frustrated with this product. I upgraded some time ago to Acronis 10 (build 4871) home version.

I completed a full back up of a hard drive and then set up a scheduled incremental backup (I specified the last file in full back up) at a specific times everyday; however, it never completes and I get the following message: "Please check the backup archive password in the task script." The only password I know of is the one it asks you for when you're setting up the task for Windows XP, which I have entered many times and it never completes.

any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Toby

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tobyd02,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could please clarify if the password was set for the initial full backup archive?

Please also collect some information to help us investigate the issue you encountered thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please collect the log of failed incremental creation process. In order to do so please do the following:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please also try doing incremental backup using Acronis Bootable Media and let us know the results.

If creating incremental backup from Acronis Bootable Media failed as well, please collect the log of the failed operation (you will need to save it from the Acronis Bootable Media interface) the way described above.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.