Acronis 10 Slow restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Long View, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long View

Long View Registered Member

using a usb drive it takes approximately 30 minutes to restore my C: drive
    Restoring from another partition it takes about 12 minutes. Copying the image from the USB to the other partition only takes 3 minutes so it is better to copy and then restore - total time 15 minutes rather than 30.

I vaguely remember having a similar problem with ATI 9 on one machine but not on others - with Acronis providing a short term solution until the fixed the problem with later builds. Does anyone know if anything can be done with build 4871 to allow faster direct restoration from a USB drive ?

2. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Registered Member

You call that slow! I call it fast! Just out of curiosity, what was the size of the backup?

3. kevand

kevand Registered Member

I'm seeing this level of slow performance also on TI10. It takes about 1.5 / 2 hours to to a backup and 8+ hours to restore from an external NTFS-formatted USB2.0 HDD. My machine has 400gb of HDD space, of which 100gb is used.

I've done this type of backup and restore before using TI8 on a machine with much the same configuration (in fact, that HDDs in this machine are the same drives as those in the other). The difference was that I backed up to a network drive (Buffalo Linkstation). It was *much* faster, around 30 mins each for backup and restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.