Acronis 10 Restore from USB Stick?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rich Thomson, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich Thomson

Rich Thomson Registered Member

I can boot Acronis off of one USB Memory stick, and then restore off of an external USB hard drive (system has no internal CDs). However, if I copy the image on the external hard drive (that restores just fine) to a second memory stick, and do a diff on the two files to make sure they are identical, I cannot restore from it. If I try to, or if I do an image verify, part of the way through Acronis says it can't read from the device. The image size is 1.6gb. A limitation on memory sticks, perhaps? Being able to boot Acronis off of one is sure nice; being able to boot off of one and restore off of another would be a cool convenience. Any ideas?

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

This certainly works with smaller images, so I'm not sure what the issue is here.

Knowing the way that some diff programs can be flaky with binary data, I would have done the comparison using a hash function - there is an MD5 tool quoted on the forum for download in a few places. You might want to do a search.

F.

3. Rich Thomson

Rich Thomson Registered Member

md5sum checks out fine. I copied the file from the USB stick back to another external USB hard drive and the file verifies fine there, so it might be an anomaly with the file size or the USB stick itself. I'll try it on a different one. Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.