Acronis 10 does not recognize any hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gmoore, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmoore

gmoore Registered Member

After deleting temp files, temporary internet files, and prefetch files Acronis 10 does not recognize any hard disk. See attachment for error:oops: Does anyone know how to fix this issueo_O

Attached Files:

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Your problem may be down to the SNAPAPI drives either not have the correct registry entry or need to be updated.

Search the forum for SNAPAPI and you should find a link to the latest drivers with instructions.

Colin

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I wonder if this has anything to do with your deletion of prefetch files.
    Normally there would be no less than seven Acronis related files in the prefetch folder. Left alone they will soon regenerate. However the loading of True image would be slowed down until this has happened.
    It is possible that you selected the clone item before TI was fully loaded. I know that the screen shot shows ready but this could have come up after you selected the clone option.
    So try opening TI again and wait until the progress bar bottom left shows fully loaded and shows "ready" before making a selection.

On a more general point about deleting prefetch files. I have followed that route in the past. My experience was that overall there was a performance decrease rather than an expected increase.
    I find the XP does a good job in managing its prefetch folder so I leave it alone. Mine contains about 120 files, all of which have been used or modified by Windows in the last seven days.

Xpilot

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The prefetch files are only pointers to file locations, not any actual program files. Which is why one can delete everything in the directory and not generally not muck up any program or how it works. The exception would be if a program explicitly and directly relied on the prefetch pointer for one of its file locations -- I've never heard a progam working that way.

Windows itself purges old and unused prefetch enteries every so often (I think every couple of weeks iirc), and manually forcing a delete of prefetch entries basically causes the OS to take longer to find the files listed in prefetch. The notion that manually deleting prefetch files will speed up Win operation is one of numerous myths about tweaks that "improve" Windows performance. A bunch more are detailed resonably well here:

http://home.comcast.net/~SupportCD/XPMyths.html

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gmoore,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

As suggested by bodgy, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.