ACR TI Home 9.0.3,xxx incompatible with Intel P965/ICH8R

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bpribadi, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpribadi

bpribadi Registered Member

I have TI Home 9.0.3,854 installed in my notebook, and considering to get TI 10 for my new desktop PC.

But before that, I tried the bootable rescue CD of TI 9.0.3,854 and TI 9.0.3,677 on my new PC. Very disappointed, TI 9.0.3,854 boot CD just hang with error message on the screen (tried a few times). So I tried the previous version, TI Home 9.0.3677, booted successfully, but couldn't detect all SATA HDs in my PC. Only USB external drive detected, but all the SATA HDs not detected.

I'm using ASUS P5B-E Plus motherboard, the SATA HD connected to the SATA port from Intel P965/ICH8R chipset.

Is it a known problem the Acr TI is not compatible with Intel P965/ICH8R chipset? o_O

Thanks!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Neither 9 or 10 at the moment work reliably with the new Intel chipset from the CD.

Version 9 probably never will as it is not the current version. Ten is supposed to have newer drivers when the next build comes out.

In the meantime, you could try disabling the controller in BIOS and everything may then work, or, you can try the safe option on the rescue CD - TI may then work as you hoped as the MB will be talking to S-ata drives etc.

The final option would be to use one of the BartPe plug in's as they use Windows drivers and therefore you'd be able to include your drivers in a Bart boot disk.

Colin

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  3. bpribadi

Thanks Bodgy! I haven't tried safe mode, will try it later :)

The BartPE is also a good idea, but I almost forgot everything about it :D Played with BartPE a few years ago, built an XP live CD, now almost totally forgot how to make one o_O Well have to start reading again :)

Any link on how to get Acronis TI Plug-In for BartPE? I don't see it in the installed program. Thanks!

4. USAAlone

USAAlone Registered Member

For version 9.0.3854 click on the link on Mustang's page:

Acronis True Image Home 9.0 Builds 3567 Only

http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/

Have a Happy New Year!!!

USAAlone

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The 965 chipset is causing woes for more folks than just ATI users. BARTpe is your best bet to deal with the chipset.

sh

6. bpribadi

Thanks All! ;)

The 9.0.3677 works in safe mode :D But much slower than the full mode. But at least it works :)

Will stick to 9.0.3677 for now, the new release seems not stable.

Will try to make the BartPE later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.