ACPI could not use ECDT

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Fenexter, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenexter

Fenexter Registered Member

I have a full registered version of Acronis True Image 10. I used it on my IBM T30 Laptop without any problem. The installed version and also bootable from original CD.
    Now I bought a new Laptop, ASUS Intel Core DUO T9400 with DVD/CD RW. I have the latest version of Windows Vista and all SP and updates installed.
    I want make a backup from my C:\ drive with the bootable version of Acronis True Image. After booting and starting Acronis I get following error message in a black window:
    ACPI could not use ECDT Loading please wait

but nothing happens. I used now the Acronis Media Builder I made from the updated latest build version 4.942 on my IBM T30 to boot on the ASUS Laptop.
    If I use safe version it starts but I don't have USB available to backup my drive and if I use Full Version I get the same error message.

Is there anything else to do to get it work other than buy a new version of Acron is? I realy use it only once each 6 month on my home PC.
    thanks for help

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Can you try disabling ACPI when starting TI full version? When you boot your PC from the Acronis CD, you will see the menu screen. Before starting TI full version, press F11. Edit the Kernel Options line to say:
    Code:
    [b]Quiet ACPI=off[/b]
    Now try to start the full version.

If still unsuccessful you could download the trial version of TI Home 2009 and install it to a test PC. Create an image before installing so that you can uninstall by restoring the image. Create a recovery CD from TI 2009, which should contain more driver support than TI 10. Try booting the PC with the TI 2009 recovery CD.

Remember that the trial version CD can be used to restore but it cannot create backups.

3. Fenexter

Fenexter Registered Member

Thx for fast reply,unfortunately it doesn't work. So I think first I will use the Media Builder with safe option and try to store the image to the D:\partition of my HD. If it works I copy it later to a safe USB drive. Then we will see, maybe it's a good idea to test the 2009 edition.

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

If you have sufficient space on your D: partition then that will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.