acessing e-mail

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by L. Taylor, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L. Taylor

L. Taylor Guest

When I've run spyware blaster and protected against the listed threats I can't get into my excite.com e-mail.
    I keep getting redirected to the login page and see a line at the bottom that the url is invalid.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi there, and welcome to Wilders!

Open SpywareBlaster, and scroll through the protections until you get into the ones that say "cookie" on the right side. They are in alphabetical order. Find the one that says "excite" and uncheck the box next to it, then hit "remove protection for unchecked items."

After this, you will have to be sure not to "select all" and "protect against all" after updates or else the excite cookie protection will be put back in place!

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi, and let me add my welcome,

One other option, with all due respect to the great features of SB and Javacool's work, is to use some other utility (I like Cookie Pal, from Kookaburra) for cookie-handling and let SB look after just the real baddies involving ActiveX.

If you choose to go that route, here's how to change SB(and I apologize if I have the wording of some of these a little off, but this is from memory):

1. Un-select all;
    2. Remove protection for all un-selected items;
    3. Go into Settings and tick "Don't show tracking cookies". It's handy to also tick "only show new/unprotected items when updating";
    4. Back to the main (Protection) screen -- you should now see only Spyware items;
    5. Hit "Select all", then "Protect against all selected items".

And that's it. If you ever want to go back to cookie protection, just do the same thing but un-tick the "don't show tracking cookies" (no need for the unselect/unprotect steps this time, you're adding protection not reducing it).

And of course feel free to ask questions any old time, that's what we're all here for, to help each other.

Best,
    Mike

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

And just to add:

The next version of SpywareBlaster will offer an option to permanently ignore items in the protection list. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Jeff007

Jeff007 Registered Member

Turning off the protections in Spyware Blaster just for excite.com will not work. Spyware Blaster is not yet that discriminating.
    We can get around this only by turning off Spyware Blaster in full whenever we want to access our email at excite.com.
    Maybe one day excite.com will stop allowing itself to be used as a vehicle for cookies. God speed the day. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.