Acer Aspire 6920 Partition lost

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Con, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Con

Con Registered Member

HI.
    i dont know where to post this sorry.

I have an Acer Aspire 6920 laptop.

I bought it from a private seller when i got it home i accidently over wrote it with my own genuine copy of windows vista home. before that i remember the seller saying it had pre installed software silly me.

I got recovery disks from Acer that were £51:06 exactly funny price yes. anyway i put the first disk in it went well second disk it went so far and said it couldn't restore. i don't think its the disks. when i try without the disks when i reboot it goes so far and tries to log onto my own copy of a genuine windows vista please note this is from my other Toshiba laptop not my acer one it says this copy of windows isn't genuine as its not for the acer laptop so it wants to activate i tried putting in the product key again for the Toshiba software it asked me to go online to activate it. if its telling me its not genuine i don't want to activate it if you know what i mean. i hope i have made sense lol hope you understand what im saying here lol. ty conrad.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Welcome in Wilders.

If you believe that the disks are ok, try to leave the drive to rest for about a minute or two before inserting the second dvd. It could be that your DVD Player (and the second dvd) become hot and as a result cannot read correctly the second one.

The best site for acer pcs related info is acerfans.ru.
    http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://acerfans.ru

Panagiotis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.