Accessing Network Image with Emergency Boot Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by IanF, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IanF

IanF Registered Member

I'm *testing* the free trial of True Image 8 (build 937).

I successfully made an image on a hard drive on another networked computer (all machines Windows@Home XP SP2) and verified it.

I then booted with the Acronis emergency boot disk in the original PC and am unable to see the networked drive to restore from.

Any ideas what I should try to see the networked image?

Thanks

2. mark7

mark7 Registered Member

3. jkusters

jkusters Registered Member

I have a follow-up question...

I've booted via the rescue CD. I am trying to create an image that is to be stored out on a network share. When I type in a valid UNC path for some of the machines on the network, I get an error dialog stating that the filename, location, or format is not valid. (On other machines, there are no problems.) If I click on the machine name in the "Computers Near Me" list, I get an hourglass for a few minutes, then the plus/minus sign next to the computer name disappears as if it has no shares. Our IT guy speculates it's because the servers in question are on a different subnet. Does anyone know if machines on another subnet can be used to store images? Any other ideas what might be going on?

JOhn.

4. IanF

IanF Registered Member

Entering the server and share name did the trick. The image magically appeared. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.