accessibility issue with eset NOD32 version 4.2.40

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by chromebuster, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chromebuster

chromebuster Registered Member

Hi guys,
    I was wondering something. Does anyone on this forum have issues reading logging information and other listed information in the windows of Eset NOD32 Antivirus version 4.2? I downloaded it because I figured that being updated is the best thing, but when I realized that my screen readers could not read any of the listed information, AKA logs, scan information, taskbar notifications, I reverted back to version 4.0. is there anything that either I or your folks can do to change that to make version 4.2 as accessible as version 4.0? The interface looks the same, but things are acting different. Any explanation or advice would be great.

Thanks,
    Chromebuster

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What screen reader do you use? Does disabling graphic interface (Ctrl+G) make a difference?

3. chromebuster

I use both JAWS 11.0.140 as well as System Access depending on what programs I'm running at the time. I have found NOD32 to be more accessible with JAWS. And I've never tried turning off graphics mode. I'll have to se if that makes a difference. But I don't think that the listed information is any different between the two versions, is it? The navigation is the same for both, but it is just the amount of responsiveness that I get with my screen reader most often JAWS. Am I missing something? Let me know. Thanks.

Chromebuster

4. chromebuster

Hey Folks,
    I've got an update on this issue. I tried turning off graphics mode, but I don't think that has anything to do with it since I couldn't tell a difference (at least with version 4.0 anyway). I was wondering something though. I went into the JAWS configuration manager, and discovered that the windows class for the lists in NOD32 version 4.0 is called SysListView32. Has this class changed in version 4.2? If so, then it's a problem on the end of JAWS in that it has issues in some cases recognizing non-win32 controls. I think it's easy enough to fix though. Let me know about this.

Thanks,
    Chromebuster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.