AccessChk seems to exhibit differing behavior regarding effective permissions in differing operating systems. This thread continues a prior thread that has some references to AccessChk. I've completed the last series of tests but this time using Windows XP x86 with SP3. The results are posted in the screenshot below. ZZZ is a new limited user account that I created for testing purposes. These results are different than what I got on Windows 7 Home Premium x64. The issue seems to pertain to whether AccessChk uses group membership in its computation of effective permissions. If you are using AccessChk v4.24 and any operating system other than Windows XP x86, feel free to post your results here; list your operating system also. I will start a thread about this issue at Sysinternals in a few days. Your results may be helpful to them. Later this week I will probably be doing a clean installation of Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I will post results on that OS then.