Access denied

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by schaml, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schaml

schaml Registered Member

Using TI8.0--I reinstalled XP on my computer and wanted to copy my favorites (for IE)from the browse image function of a recent image backup. TI creates a virtual disk from the latest backup and will copy any file or info to my new installation EXCEPT my personal folder under documents and settings. When I click on that it says "access denied". This has never happened before. Any ideas what to do??

2. dog

dog Guest

If you're using XP Pro ... maybe those files were encrypted? :doubt:

I would create a new image of the new XP installation, save it to Disc either; another HD or CD/DVD ... Image back to the image you can't copy from, copy the folders at issue else where (another HD or CD/DVD) ensuring they're not encrypted, then Image back to the image with the new installation, and copy that folder from what ever media you decided to copy it to.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello schaml,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The most common reason why you might run into this error message, even if you are using a computer with the same user name, is that the user profile and permissions could be different from those on your original system. Different permissions and profiles might make you unable to view certain files and/or folders. The only workaround is to restore the image archive (at least the necessary partition) and take ownership over the files and/or folders you need in your new profile and permissions. You then will be able to access, view and change these files and/or folders.

Microsoft provides instructions on how to perform this task. You can find them in Microsoft Knowlegde Base — article 308421.

Thank you,
    --
    Oleg Shegay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.