Access denied

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by lynchknot, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

Hello. My trial of Regdefend is over. I'm wondering if the problems i'm having with windows updates and other 3rd party application installs are related to the registry changes that occured when I was using Regdefend. If it is, how can I restore these permissions? Thank you

http://img190.echo.cx/img190/9010/error1xl.png

**edit - perhaps this will do

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Unless I am mis-understanding what you are saying....my thoughts are that RegDefend does not make changes to the registry in regards to preventing windows update....only Allows\Blocks in respect to a change of a registry setting according to a rule added.

My question would be....even tho your trial is over....do you still have a regdefend.exe process running....and\or did you un-install RegDefend ?

3. lynchknot

Ok well, something is wrong. I'm not sure what. No I have not uninstalled it yet as I'm still considering it. Regdefend is not running in TM (only at startup)

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Without assuming wrongly....are you defining only at startup to mean when you start the program ?

5. lynchknot

When I start my computer, Regdefend is activated only to inform me that my trial is over - and give me the option to buy.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since you are not able to use it again, given the fact a new version is forth coming....and the fact it would only take a few minutes....have you considered simply un-installing the program....which would then totally remove RegDefend from the equation concerning your problem.

7. lynchknot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.