Access denied - potentially dangerous content

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by armadillo33, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armadillo33

armadillo33 Registered Member

NOD32 5.2.9.1 Windows XP

A website is blocked with "Access Denied" - Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content.

Is there any way I can set NOD32 to stop blocking the entire page but still check for actual malware (rather than a vague possibility that there might be)?

If I go into Web and email> Web access and antiphishing protection> URL address management> list of addresses excluded from filtering
    I could add the address to the list. But this would allow access to the page without checking for actual malicious content. This could allow trojans and viruses through unchecked.

I do not even know if the access denial is a false positive because the message gives no indication of what the "potentially dangerous" content is. Hence, I do not want to suspend ALL checking on the page. I just want to access the page and have NOD32 do the same checking that it does when a page is not on its list of pages with potentially dangerous content.

There seems to be no way to do this. Have I missed something?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please PM me the url of the website you want to open.

3. armadillo33

armadillo33 Registered Member

Thank you Marcos. I was just about to PM you the URL but it is now no longer being blocked by NOD32 and loads normally. It was blocked for about four days. Either ESET have removed it from the blocked list or the website has fixed their problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.