ACCC investigating Oracle research showing Google users Android phone plan data to spy

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Krusty, May 13, 2018.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...y/news-story/3ca0cdaa3cc6992d134355bd0b7fcf40

2. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

I would agree with that, my own estimation was several hundred megabytes of data per week was being uploaded but it could easily be a gigabyte.
    Either way it is ludicrous anounts and it cannot be just location and usage info either.
    There is no way. A gigabyte a week would be an entire encyclopedia Britannica every month.
    I am sure it is also covertly obtained media files, probably audio, images even video. That is the only thing that could account for so much data is being uploaded.
    I hope the Australian investigation is ongoing and they nail whoever is responsible to the wall for this.

3. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

GOOGLE is tracking you right into a store, even if you aren’t using its Maps app — and it gloats of its cyberstalking capability to people online.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.