Absalutly no sucsess

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bulovap, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulovap

Bulovap Registered Member

I have had this program for weeks now and yet to make one back up! Every time i try anything and i mean any kind of back up i get

error.jpg

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

First of all which version of TI do you have?

secondly, check in Services.msc that you actually have RPC set to automatic.

Scheduler2 the Acronis component that looks after tasks depends on this running. It must be automatic - manual won't work.

To get to services - go to the start button \run\'services.msc' (don't type the apostrophies), scroll down to Remote Procedure Call.

Colin

Attached Files:

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Note you might also need to enable COM objects as well.

Colin

Attached Files:

4. Bulovap

version TI Home 10.0

Do I have to restart my computer after i do this ?

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If you have clicked on the start service link then no. You can start the service yourself, double click on the service and you'll get the choice of starting or stopping the service. Sometimes it is a link in the top left ahdn corner of the page.

If not then a reboot will automatically start the services.

Colin

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

It is always a good idea to reboot your computer after making any system changes. Even if it works without rebooting, reboot and make sure it still works before leaving the machine (and forgetting what you did, if it doesn't work tomorrow when you restart).

7. Bulovap

I don`t know who you are bodgy but you sure know what you are talking about...You don`t know how helpful your step by step instruction was...A million Thank u`s

One more question, Do you know, if my hard drive was to crash would it possible to boot from my external hard drive that i am saving this backup to?

8. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

In case of a crash, what you need to do is create the bootable Rescue TI cd - before the crash. You would then use this cd to boot and then you would restore/recover the image from the usb drive to your C drive.

9. Bulovap

First of all I would like to apologies for misspelling
    "Absolutely no success"! I guess I was annoyed at the time but now things have calmed down :D
    I did what you said Bodgy and it worked fine for a while but it will not stay at "automatic" It goes back to "Disabled" any ideas ?
    Thanks.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bulovap,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please make sure that Acronis Scheduler2 Service is enabled in System Configuration (check this previous post for details)?

If issue still persists, please do the following:

- Download and run schedmgr.exe application;

- Issue the following command: schedmgr.exe service start

If the issue still persists, please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.