ABP filter subscriptions & Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Today I was reading in my Google reader feed & tried to run the audio on Scientific American ‘60 Second Science’ originally from this page.

I couldn’t run the audio feed, although it ran in IE9 & Chrome. SeaMonkey wouldn’t run it either. I opened Firefox with extensions disabled & quickly discovered ABP was the culprit. Disabling on the page worked, but what confused me is why the page worked on my notebook. I checked the filter subscriptions & noticed that my notebook had ‘Fanboy’s List’ & my desktop had ‘Easylist’. I normally use Fanboy’s, I don’t know why I hadn’t installed it on my desktop PC. As soon as I changed to Fanboy’s list the problem was solved. Obvously Fanboy knows what he’s doing. :thumb:

Has anyone else had odd things happen with ABP’s filter lists?

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

These things happen sometimes and it requires a change/fix on the list itself. But comparing the 2 is like comparing AVs, one will catch something and the other won't, one will block something it shouldn't and the other wont.

That being said I personally prefer Fanboy's lists.

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. I do tend to prefer Fanboy's lists myself, but as you say, it's like comparing any filtering lists. I like it when I figure something out though. It's so rare LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.