ABP filter subscriptions & Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Today I was reading in my Google reader feed & tried to run the audio on Scientific American ‘60 Second Science’ originally from this page.

I couldn’t run the audio feed, although it ran in IE9 & Chrome. SeaMonkey wouldn’t run it either. I opened Firefox with extensions disabled & quickly discovered ABP was the culprit. Disabling on the page worked, but what confused me is why the page worked on my notebook. I checked the filter subscriptions & noticed that my notebook had ‘Fanboy’s List’ & my desktop had ‘Easylist’. I normally use Fanboy’s, I don’t know why I hadn’t installed it on my desktop PC. As soon as I changed to Fanboy’s list the problem was solved. Obvously Fanboy knows what he’s doing. :thumb:

Has anyone else had odd things happen with ABP’s filter lists?

2. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

These things happen sometimes and it requires a change/fix on the list itself. But comparing the 2 is like comparing AVs, one will catch something and the other won't, one will block something it shouldn't and the other wont.

That being said I personally prefer Fanboy's lists.

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. I do tend to prefer Fanboy's lists myself, but as you say, it's like comparing any filtering lists. I like it when I figure something out though. It's so rare LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.