About WSA identity shield module

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by guest, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

WSA protect web browser against keylogger, screengrabber
    i can configure this from protected websites panel.

but when i try with Spyshelter test, I can see WSA cant protect me. (SS can capture keystroke, clipboard, screen)

i am using win 8 x64, i tested this situation on vm.

is there any explanation for this situation?

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      205.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Yep.

Leak Tests cannot be valid with WSA since they are marked as "Good", therefore they are trusted to capture the data.

If they were marked as "Bad", they would be instantly quarantined and people would complain that they couldn't test.

If they were left as "Unknown", they would end up being heuristically marked as "Bad" when they started trying to test leaks and would be quarantined, so again, people would complain, especially since the determination goes global instantly.

Make your own unknown program and libraries to check leaks and try to capture data when a protected program is in the foreground and you will get Nothing.

3. fax

fax Registered Member

It was working perfectly in previous versions, spyshelter was jammed (i.e. not allowed to capture data). Whitelisting should not play a role here as the the bloackage is performed at the source. Probably something to check by WSA tech/dev. In some versions, it was not working at the first try but at the second... :D

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Win8 x64 requires additional logic to cover whitelisted leaktests (not actual malware, as logically it will be not whitelisted). It's on our list to eventually add, but of negligible practical value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.