About to clone to new disk - advice pls

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Letimi, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Letimi

Letimi Registered Member

Hi

I am about to clone my XP sp1 system from a 100gb IDE disk to a 200gb SATA disk, and would like to pre empt any problems where possible.

I have read most of the threads, and to be honest, am getting a bit confused about what will happen.

The sata drive has been setup up and accessable as second drive, so xp SHOULD have all the sata drivers installed.

I plan to use acronis to clone to new drive, then immediately switch the stat drive to primary, and remove the old disk, THEN start windows.

From what I have read, I can expect anything from no booting, to licence problems!

What precautions should I take, and what order should I carry out this operation in please ??

I am not changing any other hardware, and XP has already been activated.

thanks in advance,

regards

Paul

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

To clone an old hard disk drive to a new one, you must first install the new disk drive in the PC, after that you can move all of the contents of one disk onto the second one with Acronis True Image. For that please run the program under Windows, start the "Disk Clone" wizard and follow the instructions. When you clone the disk you may choose two ways of cloning: automatic (proportional) and manual. In the first case the space will be distributed proportionally among the partitions. In the second case you can distribute the new disk space manually, this mode allows you to manage partitions in the way you need, but we recommend this way only for professionals.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.