About Tiny Firewall 2005, and it's @%^$# UI...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by no13, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

Hi.
    Most of you may remember how ardent a supporter of Kerio v4 I once was [I had managed to convince several ppl. to switch to Kerio, and even one regular fellow over at theri forums to not use Outpost.]
    Sadly, it's GUI became too heavy, and protection not enough in comparison.
    The I switched to Tiny.
    Now here was a likeable product.
    Compared to its theoretical value, memory load was pitifully low!
    But its UI was crap.

Now, afetr 17 reinstalls in the past 2 months, I finally installed Tiny.
    It wouldn't work.
    the GUI gave off an odiferous error... something about "DHTML:::GUI" or something.. I can't even remember now.
    SO... I uninstalled it.

Now... I have...
    Spyware Blaster, IE Spyad2, and MSAS.... they all like to change IE settings, and TF GUI is based on IE completely.

Any clues as to what I can do?

2. Arup

Arup Guest

How do you rate NetVeda for outbound app control and have you tried out Jetico which IMHO does a very good sandboxing one you have the UI worked out.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

This is no help at all, but what I like to do when I start getting strange results with programs and a generally crudded up system, is to reformat/reinstall. I did that for a long time, but recently decided to do an image of my drive and when things get ugly for one reason or another, now I just restore from the image to a clean system again. Takes about 10 minutes here.

I've found that once you install and uninstall and install and uninstall enough, something eventually stops working and crazy things begin to happen.

Sorry no13, I know that's not the answer you were looking for... :(

PS - I just installed Tiny 6.5 Pro tonight and am having no troubles at all so far. This is one wild firewall though. Ought to keep me busy for a long time... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.