About this Spybot Search and Destroy Game...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by HandsOff, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Maybe it's just me, but isn't there something strange about clicking on info and getting an unknown game with unknown rules?

Wait, of course, the manual! ...Nothing!

So anyway, I guess the object of the game is to survive, well, as long as possible. What's a good score? I got 39 my first try, but I think I could do better if, say, I knew what the rules were!

The strangest thing of all, is I want to play it again! I'm sure I can figure out the rules! And then we'll see who has the last laugh!

-HandsOff

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Duuuhhhh ... I've been doing a lot of running around today (and hotter'n hell out there, probably over your way too), and maybe just not enough stops for coffee.

But try this one again, maybe in one-syllable words, and maybe I'll get your point. :oops: The only thing on my system SS&D didn't like was my turning off Win SecCenter's warnings about no a-v, which I'd get if -- as is sometime useful, if not absolutely necessary -- I pause avast's Standard Shield while scanning with something else.

Point system? I'm definitely missing something somewhere. o_O

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Ahhh....the Da Vinci game with a horse ta boot o_O As for rules....who needs stickin rules :eek: :D

A goooood score is when you show the whole pic :blink:

4. HandsOff

Hey Mike-

If you have tracked this down, and you have SS&D installed, and I am not the victim of some cruel hoax, try this:

-start SS&D

-click the help menu and choose "about"

-You will then see an information screen, and at the very top you will see a rather small "i" within a blue circle. The international sign for "information"

-You guessed it!, click there!

-You know as much as I do from this point...no, not quite, It may save you a little agrivation to know that your optional moves are (apparently) to move on any of the manilla colored squares without a number on them. And, yes, it appears that your moves reveal pieces of the puzzle.

- Sure it would be easier to just download the picture somewhere, but don't you see? This has some symbolic meaning attached to it.

-HandsOff

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yeah....a secret Easter Egg for those that haven't found it yet :blink:

6. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

ahh the spybot easter egg, 'the knights tour'

7. MikeBCda

Now that the cat's out of the bag, so to speak, I guess this'll get moved one more time, probably over to 10-F.

How's a score of 99 sound? That left one square immediate adjacent to me but not offered to me. And that was on my third try, with a definite pattern.

8. HandsOff

Didn't DaVinci incorporate the "Golden Mean" into his work. I think the Nautalus is a naturally occuring example...

HandsOff

9. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

i can't move anywhere i keep getting error messages

10. Meriadoc

What you cant move to any of the squares it offers you? - the light coloured ones from the starting position in an L shape.

The object, although you probably know, is to move in a L shape, the knights move in chess, until you visit all squares once which will reveal the pic in full. - 'the knights tour.':)

I dont have spybot so cant see the errors or are you getting some other error?

11. cheater87

ill try it again

12. cheater87

nope not any place at all

13. HandsOff

MikeBCda-

You must be good at the game from which it was derrived! The best I got out of a few tries was 95.

-HandsOff

14. MikeBCda

HandsOff - No, I was never any good at the knight's tour thing. And just about any kind of puzzle is a real b--ch for me after right-frontal brain injury about 11 years ago.

The "pattern" I tried, and which gave me the 99, was for each choice, pick the square closest to following the outside perimeter counter-clockwise (or anti-clockwise, if that's your local "lingo"). Admittedly, there are several places where that'll give you a flip-a-coin decision between/among squares each of which is "backwards" from that pattern. So you might get less than me, or even beat it, with different choices at those points.

15. Meriadoc

99, you must have only 1 square left I think:doubt: ? - Your pattern is good where the starting place is, the solution would be a symmetrical pattern. If the starting place was an inside square the pattern would be more asymmetrical.
    I done a knights tour, starting on the outside, but on a chessboard 8x8. This is 10x10.:)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  16. HandsOff

Hi Mike-

Sometimes when you loose in one area you gain in another. In my case, I gained a lot of weight.

Actually, we had similar approaches. My mistake may have been to go clockwise! My Nautalus comment was because the shape of the path seemed like an outward spiral for a few moves, then the spiral would begin again.

I played chess for a while on my high school team. We had a crazy teacher who got hundreds of people involved in the game, and he would issue challenges to other schools. It was cool!

-HandsOff

17. jimfitter

jimfitter Registered Member

So far 51 moves. It seems if you move in rows diagonally,you create more moves for yourself. DAMN! I was about to go to bed. Thanks for this thread!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.