About the licensed TDS update

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Jason, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason Guest

Hi i am a licensed TDS operater now =) But i have a BIG problem. Anytime i go to update the TDS database. The little box shows up and it says update in progress, connecting to server #1. Then nothing happens. One time i went out after trying to update it. And 5 hours later i came back and the box was still on the screen with the same words in it. Was wondering why the radius update on my TDS wont work? 25-10-2003 was the last time databases were updated. Any help would be much appreciated. Other than that my TDS seems to work great and i love it!!!

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Jason,

That has happened to me on rare occasions, and what i do then is go here: http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update and follow the insturctions under Manual Update to get the latest radius database. Remembering to right-click on the radius.td3 file there, and choose the "Save Target As" to download it to your computer.

HTH,
    snap

3. snapdragin

Oh..almost forgot. On that same page, under Automatic Update, you will see where it mentions about the update.cfg file. This file will give you the most up-to-date server list. You can also try that too, but i find the above usually fixes it for me, but if the next automatic update doesn't work for you, then i would try downloading the update.cfg file and that should fix it.

If the above two procedures do not work in helping you get automatic updates in the future, please post back and one of the TDS Moderators will help you further. :)

best regards,

snap

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thanks Snap for jumping in.
    For the update.cfg file make sure it has exactly that name and not update.cfg.txt: if so change the name back to update.cfg.
    The file is changed several times a day for the order of the mirrors to spread the update load more evenly.

The radius update is really an action of several seconds so if you see a mirror hanging after a few minutes you know something is not right.

5. Jason

Jason Guest

Snap - i hit that link you had in the post and manually downloaded the update and it installed good. So thank you very much for your great help!!! Thanks for your reply too Jooske.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Great that it worked, so next time will be a press on the menu option Update TDS Databases Now! and see if it works as it should.

BTW: i said the update.cfg file is changed several times a day, which doesn't mean we have to grab it that often too, just occasionally, maybe once a week or less (?) when we feel to to help spreading the downloads over the mirrors.
    Alwayus good to visit our home base to check for any news :)

7. snapdragin

You are very welcome Jason; i am glad it worked! Don't forget what Jooske advises - to get the update.cfg file every so often since the mirror sites for the automatic updates do change, and that file is updated regularly. If you find your automatic update doesn't work the next time you try it, then you will need a new update.cfg file. Best to bookmark that link in case you need it again. :)

Thank you Jooske...you taught me about this. ~smyle~

snap

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

[me=Jooske]smiles back[/me]
    Think you change your avatars frequently too, don't you, once changing things. They're nice!
    I like mine so much and it keeps me recognizable as i use the same in other forums too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.