About SuperAntiSpyWare Pro?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

how does the real time shield works?is it like hips or just regular data base on execution?and i am trialing the pro version for 15 days how do i know how many days are left in the trial?i am having a hard time finding the count down od days for the trial period,thanks in advance:thumb:

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Real time is mostly signitures, But with a little amount of Heur detection.

In my oppinion its alright but don't rely on it.

Good as a backup thou....

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks,so this one will not kill virus/spyware on execution?and what about the trialing time?how do i know the time left in the trial?thanks again;)

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

He didnt say not on execution, the realtime protection is not a HIPS but should be realtime detection/termination based on a blacklist, database as you call it and the heuristics are generic and you shouldnt depend on any tool to provide that 100 protectionrate

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ah black list data base ok,thanks and what about the trial question?thanks again;)

6. Ronin12

Ronin12 Registered Member

SUPERAntiSpyware Professional offers a 15-day fully functional free trial. You may try all features unrestricted during this time period. After the trial period expires I believe the program will notify you with a pop up stating that the trial has expired and give you a purchase option.

7. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

From i have know SAS Pro is often used in combination with AV's that don't offer real time protection or eventually with AV's with smaller detection rates.

Although Behaviour Blocker IMHO would be better choice. And better would be combination of both.

It's mostly used with combination with Antivir (Free) .

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thank you all that was very clear,thanks again

9. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

I use it 24/7 with no matter what other security I have installed on my PCs. With the very low resources it uses it doesnt hurt a thing. And my little girl likes the yellow bug.

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

cool:thumb:

11. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

jmonge:

How does SAS Pro compare with A2 antimalware?

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

A2 has a huge database and has Mamutu in plus an antivirus name ikurus which is good at detecting viruses:thumb: superantispyware is good for clean up the house but not for virues:D A2 is a more complete antimalware solution and the shield is very alive too;)

13. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Did A2 produce lots of FPs? Does it use a lot of resources? Wouldnt SAS pro + AV like NAV and behaviour blocker like Mamutu or Threatfire offer similar protection?

14. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Just a hint: If you saved the .EXE file in your My Downloads folder when you installed it, just put your mouse arrow over the file and it will tell you when you installed it. If it's a 15 day trial, you could even guess when you installed it. You can't be too far off. If it was me I'd just buy it. You won't be sorry. :D

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks for the advise:thumb:

16. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i have xp2 and it is really fast here(does not use much resources) without so far no fp,yes it is like a stand alone security suite but it is not recognize by the windows security center yet;)

17. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

same here on xp and vista. it is on all my clients computers running vista or xp and it runs with no problems and uses very little resources. I highly recommend it.

robin

18. pettyracing

pettyracing Registered Member

I have the paid version of a2. It uses a LOT of memory, >100mb. Scanning is very slow, but it does have a very extensive database. It was too much memory for not having a firewall, imo.

19. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I support that same assessment, SAS is highly exceptional at pulling out the most very resistful malwares/rootkits, etc. and also A2 w/ Mamutu is IMO again very superb at it's specialty in intercepting and dismissing source intrusion disruptors.

Now therein IMO lies a Magnificant tandem together if that be a user's part of their choice security, as well as throwing in Sandboxie/Returnil, etc.

EASTER

20. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

now imagine running those 2 together:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.