About Sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Relemar, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relemar

Relemar Registered Member

I'm new to all this crap right, if I install Sanboxie and Sanbod Internet Explorer and explorer.exe will I be safe from downloading off the net -> desktop then installing.

IF NOT THEN WHAT PROCCESSES DO I WANT TO SANBOX, I WANT TO SANDBOX MY WHOLE PC? but how?

2. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

Sandbox the whole pc? Thats gona be shadowsurfer/user, deep freeze, etc.

3. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but if you run IE or any other browser sandboxed (right click on IE icon), everything you download will be downloaded to the sandbox. As far as my experience, there is no need to download any other apps or executables to your sandbox if you are just surfing. That is the point of the program. It puts everything in the sandbox, and it's contents can then be deleted. Nothing is written outside the sandbox. If you wish to install a download, you can recover it from the sandbox and install. I found that most programs will not install in the sandbox because of the inability to install drivers. If you want to install programs in a protected environment, you need to look at virtualization apps.

4. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Also, checkout Leapfrog Software (Bootback) and RollbackRx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.