about rollback software...

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by unnamed, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unnamed

unnamed Registered Member

about rollback type software -

does it severely deplete the life of the hard disk?

the files when they are recovered, is there a possibility that these files will become corrupted and unreadable?

thank u.

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Use Rollback Rx and have not experienced this or come across anything in posts re. this.

3. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Am not aware that this would be the case. I have been using FDISR for about 4 years now, the HDD it is on is 5 years old, so I'd have to say not dramatically in my experience.

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Depends on the technology used by the software. If it monitors continuesly the changes on disk it will affect the life of the disk. Examples:
    -Goback and DriveClone : will affect the life of the disk (but not severly).
    -RollbackRX and clones: will affect it depending on how you use it, but less than the above two. Probably is beneficial to solid state disks.
    -FirstDefence : will not affect it.
    - ReturnIl and Sahdow defender will not affect it.
    Yes, it can happen.
    Actually, I had used CRC32, MD5 and SH1 checksums on RollbackRx and in a lot chases the files where not identical. I am a RollbackRX user for 2 years and I never save any file on the protected partition because of this.

Early versions of Shadowdefender also had this problem, but not anymore.

Panagiotis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.