about removable drive

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Jarry, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarry

Jarry Registered Member

Hello,I have a question.

I know that AMON is a fundamental defense against malicious code,When I open the removable drives that infected by worm(It can be detected by NOD 32.)but,The Threat alert window is not displayed when I open It.The threat can be detected by scanning.but It is not detected by monitor.

Thank you for the replies.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In ESS, you can enable advanced heuristics and runtime packers even on access, but this will surely slow down your system performance.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Just to mention , on my test computer , I have enabled AH and R-T packers for everything (even for on-access) and I don't notice any performance slow down . Fast , as always :thumb:

4. Jarry

Jarry Registered Member

Thank you

I know that you said.

my nod 32 version:2.70.39

The AMON is default setting for detection.May be...... it is a bug.

5. Marcos

No, it's not a bug. NOD32 v2 scans files using advanced heuristics and unpacks realtime packed files only in the case of newly created/modified files due to the time these operations take.

6. Jarry

Jarry Registered Member

as you said,I try to test it once again.well,It's okey when I open the folders that in the hard drives.but,when I restart computer,open the removable drives at the first time.AMON monitor can not alert........because of the first time,so,the files is not modified......any one which is the threat that in the removable drives can not be detected by Monitor.

unless....scanning.....

Best regards!

7. Marcos

If you install ESS and enable AH + Runtime packers in the real-time monitor setup, it will be detected and blocked upon access.

8. Jarry

Jarry Registered Member

OK,but,as I know,ESS is a beta and can not scanning on-demand,I will use it provided that the comple/Technology version release.

Thanks again.

cheers.:D

9. Jarry

Jarry Registered Member

ammm..I have enabled AH and other functions for everything too.but when I decompress the archives(e.g RAR,ZIP),the performance slow down obviously.though I know why does it.

cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.