About QuickScan from BitDefender

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Edward_Stream, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward_Stream

Edward_Stream Registered Member

Hy there to you all. While searching for a AV online scanner found something interesting about an online scanner from BitDefender that is called Quick Scan. I did a quick scan and the first thing I saw is that is very fast. I would like to ask you what do you think about this and if there are better online scanners. For testing here's the link: http://quickscan.bitdefender.com/

2. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

most avs have a quick scan, and generally they are faster.... but less effective

3. Edward_Stream

from what i heard this antivirus online scanner is very fast something like 30 seconds, and they use the bitdefender scan engine witch is very effective against the newest malware, spam, phishing, and much more. for my computer i use BitDefender Internet Security 2009 and i am very pleased of it. Had before the eset solution and the one from symatec and i wasn't pleased of they detection rate.So that's why i've opened this thread, cause i have lots of friends who don't want to use an anti-virus and they prefer the online scanner.

4. OnSeeker

OnSeeker Registered Member

I'm using BitDefender and is the best security solution ever tested! I used the online scanner too and it's good and extremely fast!

Overall I agree with Edward - BitDefender is great at finding known and unknown malware!

5. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

I think its been out for a few months at least, and if I recall correctly, seeing as its a quick-scan, it will only detect active infections (and possibly also scan system32 and drivers folder).

Just like any other AVs quick-scan I guess.

6. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

BitDefender QuickScan has a simple principle. Use generic signature and heuristics to find suspicious files. Then like HitmanPro, it uploads the files to the server to be scanned by the latest BD version/signature.

My only gripe is the upload bit. I prefer products like Mcafee Artemis, Prevx, Panda Cloud, etc. which use file hash and other details (very small) for a really quick scan even when not on broadband.

7. Edward_Stream

Yeah but ok it uploads the files but i think this is better than having to download first and install something like other av do. for that is a stand alone av solution

8. Edward_Stream

just finished testing the online scanners artemis, panda cloud and quick scan from bitdefender and the first thing i saw it was the speed of quick scan...so for me speed is very important...that's why it gets a plus from me. another impression?some other reviews from you guys?

9. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

A big plus for me is that it supports Opera with a bit of work.:thumb:

10. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

It's - took me just some seconds to browse for the plugins directory and I was ready to scan in under one minute. ;)

11. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I'm not as quick as I used to be though :p Actually it is easier to get up and running than when I tried it a while back,I remember one or 2 hiccups,but now it's grafting in 2 mins (or 1 min for youngsters like Raven).It is nice to finally see some support for Opera from an online scanner.:thumb:

12. Edward_Stream

hm..i didn't knew about the opera part. i just use firefox. and i was very pleased of it's speed. now i'm downloading opera too to try it. and i will try it on internet explorer too. have anyone of you tested it on google chroome? how doest it work?

13. OnSeeker

OnSeeker Registered Member

I'm using BitDefender for some time now and when I heard they have an online QuickScan I was so impressed so I had to try it! and it work beautifully like all their products! They really do a nice job!

And fast ;)

14. Edward_Stream

tested it on opera. it's cool that it has support for it. and it's very fast. works fine on internet explorer too. until now nothing found...well that could be because i have my computer clean and i also have bitdefender internet security on my pc. but any of you found a virus? how does it handles it?

15. progress

progress Guest

Does anyone use it nowadays? :doubt:

16. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I did a few weeks ago :D

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Never used it
    The only really cloud scanner i have tested is Hitman Pro :p
    Not because i don't trust in them, but i already have other things. :ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.