About Phishing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MasterTB, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Hi:

Using ESS I have come used to seeing the [SPAM] title on my unsolicited mail, and I like the fact that the spam filter is learning pretty well what mail I want and what not, one thing bothers me though, I never see ESS classify mail as Phishing... even when Outlook often does... so my question is when do we know that ESS has classified a mail as Phishing and not just SPAM?? does it tag them or not? and if it does, how come I have never seen one even when I see a lot done by Outlook (and they are often right).

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've got some in my mailbox:

Attached Files:

3. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Just what I suspected: Outlook and Eeset don't classify mail the same way...
    This is what I have as Phishing In outlook, which clearly is not for ESS (see attachment)
    And my question is, what is the difference between what can be classified as phishing and what not??

Attached Files:

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Your example is not a phishing email, it's an email with a link to Nuwar which is rather spam.

5. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Is that ESET calling in your mailbox, Marcos?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.