? about nod 32. does it try and access nod32 servers all the time?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jrx10, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrx10

jrx10 Registered Member

getting ready to reformat/reinstall, and I was trying different AV/AM software programs before I decided on which to use on my main internet computer. I get mcafee free but after constant attempts by at least half a dozen mcafee programs to constantly try and connect to the internet (even with automatic updates turned off) I decided to test the various ones. KAV was 1st, but while there is just one kav program (avp) that tries to connect to the internet (so far), it tries every surfing moment (even immediately after an update) and thru multiple ports, and the system scan takes forever (much longer than mcafee). KAV's memory usage is less than mcafee, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get "web-anti virus" to work with KAV since this trial started, as trying to access "web-anti virus" under settings completely locks everything up. (so I don't really know if it's working, or not).
    Yesterday I downloaded prevex1 on a suggestion, and it also tries to connect to the internet every surfing moment (even with "auto-updates disabled") & immediately after my 1st update. (I'm beginning to think that a "disable auto-updates selection" on these anti-malware products does absolutely nothing). :D although prevex1 is somewhat interesting, I'm not sure it's actually needed with a product like KAV with proactive defense (or nod32 if it has basically the same as KAV's proactive defense) turned on, but I just download the prevex1 trial last night.​
    I just wondered if NOD32 was the same as all the rest as far as constant internet connections to their servers, with auto updates disabled? thx​

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 can check for updates once every one hour. By default NOD32 also uses ThreatSense.Net - the most advanced proactive detection of tomorrow's threats. ThreatSense.Net is set to send new malware files (detected by heuristics) to ESET labs for analysis . Also Threat Sense sends anonymous statistic data about the latest viruses detected on your machine , time of detections and things like that , completely anonymous data that helps to improve protection .

However , although it is enabled by default , you can disable it (ThreatSense.Net) . You can also disable Auto Update

NOD32 doesn't communicate for other things .

The protection can also be completely disabled even though it is not necessary because NOD32 doesn't affect system performance at all . It is one of the fastest and lightest softwares :thumb: :thumb: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.