About Hive Technology

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DonKid, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi Folks,

I´d like to know if NOD32 has hive technology, or if not, if there are plans to be add to future versions.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi DonKid,
    please wait for the new beta and you'll see. Let it be a surprise :)

3. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Well HIVE itself is BD's tech. My guess is that NOD32 has something along the lines, don't know if it's a full on sandbox though.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

No,HIVE Technology(TM) is just a trademark naming. Same as Norman Sandbox(TM). These two stand for virtual simulated PC where every action performed by file is monitored.
    NOD32 uses different method which doesn't work like virtual PC. At least not for now. This may change through time.

5. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

http://www.nod32-av.com/
    "Eset's advanced heuristics is based on complementary algorithms that analyze file structure and simulate file execution through virtual PC technology to determine potentially suspicious activity with only minimal system resources."

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

As far as i know,NOD32 uses only CPU as part of PC for emulation/simulation.
    Other subsystems are not involved.

7. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Well, It´s a good news, but how can you want me to wait, I´m too curious to see the new beta, hardly can´t wait.... :D

Best regards,

DonKid.

8. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi Marcos.

Can you give me some tips now ? :)

Best Regards,

DonKid.

9. Marcos

What tips do you mean? IMHO, the current beta is better than anything else the competitives currently have. But take it only as my personal opinion.

10. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

I agree with you.I think NOD is and always be the BEST, If don´t, I wouldn´t use it.
    Well, I was wondering about that Hive Technology.Others questions that I have, I can look in new beta thread.Just one more question.I don´t mind in use an English version, instead of Brazilian one, but I had to uninstall my Brazilian Admin version, reinstall an English version and install the new beta, due incompatibility of languages here at work, and the same thing with a basic version in 3 computers here. :(
    I hope Eset can solve this problem.
    Anyway, I´m very happy with the new beta, and I´m sure it will keep Eset years ahead from others AV companies.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

11. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

It's THE best. When I first looked at NOD, I disliked it's spartan approach after flashy Norton or Panda GUIs, but I was shocked to see that scan was finished in half the time and virii were located on a supposedly clean system... and I ended up buying the stuff.
    But, please, really spend some time on polishing the interface! Like this quick config mentioned several times above, and a more consistent dialog styling. IMHO the EMON dialog should be replicated, it's a very nice one.

12. Marcos

NOD32 3.0 will come with a brand new, much more user friendly interface, that's a matter of fact.

To DonKid: unfortunately, it's not possible to resolve it otherwise than by installing the Portuguese beta which is not ready yet and will not be any time soon. However, you can install the English admin version 2.12.3 and install the beta over it so that you don't lose the mirror creation facility.

13. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Thanks Marcos.
    I already had done that today when I arrived at work.
    No problem with it.
    What really matters is NOD32 and not the language.

Best regards,

DonKid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.