About F5 in TDS-3, and the old dcsresearch site

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Snook, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Sounds all very good Robyn, ah! XP! securing a new system, let Pilli and the other guys explain all about Process Guard as well please!
    Did you manage to have the CokeMachine helperfile (the voice commanded part) to work properly for you?

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Hi Jookse

I am able to get Cokemachine to speak to me with 2 of the scripts in there but one appears with my name on it - shock I have just found the Genie appears with this one to speak to me!! I am unable to get the Grand Finale to do anything but the first time I used the one with the Genie he didn't work either so maybe the next time I run this it will work :) The Genie is watching over me at the moment so will have to try and see what I am supposed to do next. Full of surprises and even more when I learn how to use the .jpg's in the Cokemachine folder. The Genie is sleeping as I type I will have to remember how to write the speak script again in the little box in TDS.

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Let me think:
    the first part is the check for your windows version, then the DiamondCS logo jumps up with a welcome speech for you, the moment you press the welcome button music 2001 plays while the cokemachine appears, while in the same time a female voice tells something nice about the script reasons, pressing the button with your name makes Genie appear, who starts speaking after that and jumps around, inviting you to press the paly button where the grande finale appears (this image was the Australian Perth Festival in 2001 or 2002, anyway when the Final version of TDS3 was planned to appear)
    with very nice watery fireworks music.
    If you would not hear all those music and voice parts, make sure those midi and wav files are all in your c:\
    Pressing the Jukebox button should make the jukebox jump up and pressing Play in that should bring you to a normal windows folder to select your music from, like described before.

Now we get the Jokes button, should make Genie appear and tell some joke, after his hide and show again action you press the joke button again for a next joke.
    Pressing the helper file is what it's all about, that is your desktop helper.
    You'll only have to drag a copy of him through wordpad and at the bottom of all the unreadable stuff edit the exact pathnames for your system; to make him listening press the scroll lock and speak in your microphone.
    It can be, because i created it on a dutch windows system, he refuses to listen and says you don't have a dutch system.
    In that case, get MASH, open the file helperfile in that one and make the pathname corrections and now i do hope at saving it on your sytem it understands your system is english (for instance) and accepts to listen to you now. The about tells a little about the script and you can stop/unload the script or go back there.
    If the snoring Genie get's annoying and he listens to you, press scroll lock and say "hide!" so he will disappear. Pressing scroll lock and call "show!" makes him apepar again. Now with him away don't call "hide" again for yout TDS will disappear!
    If you paste this in the console
    MSAgent.Characters.UnLoad "Genie"
    you'll see Genie's icon disappear from the systray.

To have TDS speak to you just type
    speak "your text between quotes and enter" and you'll hear TDS say that sentence.

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Jookse you have a wealth of knowledge and thank you so much for sharing all of this with me. I will definitely have to follow everything in this post so I can really say I have all of this working for me.

I will be copying a few files to my Windows directory so that all the events can happend just as you have posted. I really do appreciate the time you have taken to post the full details. I am about to copy the post to One Note and will have everything exactly as you have detailed to follow and impress and shock myself and then my friends ;)

Once again many thanks for all your time and patience, I may not get everything working tonight as I do not stay online for very long in the evening but this will give me a 'treasure' to add to my learning curve with the increasing dimensions of TDS.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thanks for the kind words.
    A little history:
    when i discovered speech in TDS several years ago (1999) that was my first encoungter with the msagents and speech technology as a whole.
    In the Private forum the people were scripting and my main contributions were filling wishlists and testing scripts, so the TDS family scripters told me it was about time i would try some scripting myself.
    In the same time Wayne was (still is) always very occupied, so i told them i would try a script with a "Stop Wayne" button in it, even if it would be the only script i would ever create.
    For some reason we were talking a lot about coca-cola, so i combined all those ingredients with that Grande Finale part for the possible TDS-3 Final version.
    Of course i was proud of my first product and it seems the people like it and yeah, ok, some were impressed by it, but it is still a very easy script after some puzzling, it includes a lot of things which should normally not be possible like using several sound systems at a time on one PC but it works and so there is more included to play with.
    So if you just work on the helper.exe via MASH you have your own voice commanded desktophelper to tell time, jokes, send email, jump to the forum, update TDS, etc and more you can add via MASH.
    Of course you can't compare the CokeMachine in no way with the larger scripts like Screxx and ZAmonitor and several more from other people, but it shows how a person without scripting skills can produce some fun with TDS :)
    Security can be so much fun with TDS!
    With that you can certainly impress your friends!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.