About 'Exclusion list' in antispam module ..

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stimulator32, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stimulator32

stimulator32 Registered Member

Hello,

as an address isn't inserted in Whitelist nor Blacklist that belongs to antispam module .. it will be automatically checked for spam at all times ..

So, what is the meaning of inserting messages in 'Exclusion list' ?! And ESET says about this list:

'The exclusion list contains email addresses that are always checked for spam' !!!

Many Thanks ..

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. stimulator32

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Adding an address to the exclusion list will cause all emails sent from that address to be scanned for spam. Let's say you have certain persons in your Whitelist (e.g. added automatically from the email clients address book) from whom you often receive spam messages. Adding these addresses to the exclusion list would prevent them from being added to Whitelist and thus make them scanned for spam.

4. stimulator32

Thanks Marcos .. :)

5. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

Marcos, are you able to tell me why my own email addresses (I have two) appear in the Exclusion list. I did not put them there and can only assume that ESS did?

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I second clarification too. All my 3 mail accounts are placed in the exclusion without my interference.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Addresses from all email client accounts are added to the exclusion list automatically so that emails with these addresses listed as the sender are always scanned for spam.

8. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thx Marcos, very clear reply :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.